Spring Spruce Up: Ring Around the Hoop

Spring has sprung in Kentucky!  It's finally warming up and the trees and flowers are blooming!

Last week, Lora showed you how she added a little spring to her home with her cute painted door, this week, I'm going to show you a way to add color to your walls.

Recently, there have been many blog posts on using embroidery hoops and fabric to make wall art, today I'm going to show you how to make a similar project using scrapbook paper.


The supplies that you will need for this project are:

If you want to paint your hoop (I painted mine gray using acrylic paint), then you will want to paint it first before adding the paper.  After painting, lay the hoop on the scrapbook paper and trace the perimeter making sure to leave 3-4 cm of extra paper around the circle.


Next, lay the paper over the hoop and fold the edges under, in between the two hoops. Make sure the paper is fitted and is secure in the hoop.


After adding the paper, I chose to add buttons and self-adhesive pearls to add extra decoration. I used a glue stick to add the buttons.


Once you are finished, hang your hoops on the wall! These are actually hung in my bathroom along with the mod podge art canvases I previously created. I love how the colorful floral prints brighten up the room---reminds me of spring!


I'm working on a gallery wall in my bedroom and plan on creating more wall art using embroidery hoops. Below are some examples of other projects using hoops that inspire me:


Via Paint me Plaid

Vintage Fabric Embroidery Hoops
Via Sweet Paul Make

Photo by Simply Bloom Photography, LLC
Via On to Baby

Pinned Image
Via Grosgrain 

Have you used embroidery hoops in a project lately?

For more Spring Spruce Ups, check out these ideas:
Paint a Door
- Colorful Labels
- Quick Jar Makeover



Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.


Subscribe to our blog posts via RSS Feed or Email.


Linked up to Tater Tots & JelloCatch a Glimpse Thursday on A Glimpse InsideThe Crafty Blog Stalker, Fingerprints on the Fridge, The Inspiration Gallery, It's So Very Cheri, The Scoop Linky Party, Fluster's Creative Muster Party, Thrifty Decor Chick, Time to Sparkle Tuesday, Designed Decor, Ginger Snap Crafts, and these other blogs:

shabby creek cottage HouseofHepworths It's Overflowing The Shabby Nest Beyond The Picket Fence The 36th AVENUE DIY Show Off

Labels: , , , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "